Sunday, April 18, 2010

Green Eggs and Blahh!

Hi there everybody. Hope that you are having a nice weekend and enjoying the nice weather, if you are having it. So we were sitting in church today and the Sacrament had just been passed and it was now time everywhere for  parents to whip out the snacks to help the kiddos behave. Some kids prefer cheerios while others like Matty and Shanny go with goldfish or cheezits. Well, I look over and Kris is telling me to look at the kid sitting in front of us and I was amazed to see this kid chowing down on a nice over-hard fried egg. Yes, an egg. So next time when your kids won't finish their eggs, don't throw them out, but rather save them and turn them into a nice afternoon snack.
Speaking of eggs, this past week Kristen made up a batch of her world famous biscuits and gravy and she asked if I wanted to fry up some eggs. I got the carton of eggs out of the fridge and got the skillet nice and buttery hot. I grabbed an egg and cracked it into the frying pan and noticed that something wasn't right. I noticed that the yolk of the egg was GREEN! I do not like green eggs and biscuits and gravy Sam I am. Thinking that being a little odd, I grabbed another egg and cracked it open over the skillet. This time the yolk and what was supposed to be egg white was red and orangish colored. I decided to toss the eggs and immediately take out the garbage before we had zombie mutant chicks on our hands. I then realized that that carton of eggs must have been in the fridge for a good few months. Every time we bought new eggs, we just put that new cartoon on top of the old carton. Anyway, I hope none of you were planning on having eggs soon.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Eggs for a sacrament meeting snack. Yuck. I'm not a big fan of eggs. Either scrambled or hardboiled, otherwise I'm out! I've never seen a green egg. So gross!

Baker's said...

wow eggs eh? I will have to remember that one when Noah gets older and needs snacks at church:)

The McLendon Family

The McLendon Family

The Amazing Blumell Family

Stand For Something