Well another week has gone by and we are still hangin in there. Matthew has a pretty bad cold and had to come home early from school today. I can only imagine how many germs kids pass around to one another at school.

When we were last in Salt Lake for Lindsey's wedding, I saw a billboard that said that every time you kiss someone you exchange like 281 germs.

I have a great story for everyone. Ok, so I go into work last week to get my paycheck, which isn't much, and there is a big sign of "do not enter!" on the dry storage closet in the kitchen. I asked the manager what was going on and she said that there was a skunk in there. What!!! I guess it came in through the back door which was open and found a nice warm and dry home in the closet. So as of last night, the skunk was still in there running around. On Saturday night I opened the door and t

here it was standing there staring at me and after a minute it darted back to the corner of the room. The kitchen has been putting food in there for it and on Saturday night it had a nice piece of salmon and strawberries. What! The skunk gets better food than the servers that work there can get. A skunk is eating better than me. Our new restaurant motto is, Applebee's: Stinking good in the neighborhood. Animal pro

tection won't capture it because if it sprays it will take 3-6 months to get rid of the smell. So if that happens I will be wearing a gas mask to work. When I would greet a table I would be breathing like Darth Vader and I'd say, "No that smell isn't the soup of the day." It will just have to be our new mascot. Oh well, life is full of wonderful surprises. I hope that everyone is well and enjoying life. School is going great and I am keeping really busy with all of the coursework and field experience. I am so excited to be a teacher and it will be such a rewarding experience. I have some great examples to learn from. Congrats to Reid, Lisa, and Oliver on getting a house and I look forward to seeing it at the Holidays. I love being apart of this family and I appreciate and enjoy the friendship that you have all given me. Have a fabulous day and we love you all.
1 comment:
That is so funny about the skunk. So they're just going to leave it there.... ? It's definitely cold season. Oliver's had a runny nose for a few weeks now. I hope Matthew's feeling better soon and that the rest of you don't get sick too. We love you guys and look forward to seeing you soon. Good luck with school, you'll make a great teacher Phil.
Post a Comment