Saturday, September 22, 2007

An update!!!

Hello there again everyone. Sorry that it has been a while since we have updated our blog. Things are going great here in Missoula and the weather is really starting to change. In an email David said that it snowed briefly in Rosemary. It's on it way I guess. I am excited though, because when it gets colder that means another Christmas up in Canada and that is definitely a highlight in our year. Matthew and Shanny are doing great and are very happy to be back in school, but I don't think not as happy as Kristen is for them to be back in school. It is great to have a good solid routine for them to follow and it makes a huge difference. School for myself is very busy, but I am enjoying it very much. It is a huge work load and there is a lot of field experience that I am required to complete, so I am running around a lot. One of my favorite experiences so far is that I am doing to field work and observing at Washington Middle School and the classes that I tutor and help out with are great. They call me Mr. Mac and they have helped me already just as much as I will be able to help them. I have been working out and am trying to get in shape for the Alumni Tournament. Unfortunately this year will not be the year I get to hoist the championship trophy, because my big brother and coach Reid not be there. Although he does have a good excuse. I had a meeting this morning at work and was honored to be named one of the top five servers. I was speechless when they called my name and handed me a bag of after dinner mints. I was so touched. WHAT! Dinner mints!!! Why is it that at every restaurant I work at I get the shaft? One of these days I will make something of myself and get a real job. Kristen is doing great and she is keeping very busy with her calling. There are sisters in the ward who have come up to me and said what a great person she is and who much she has done. She is the popular McLendon in our ward. We have been spending a lot of time outside while we still can. Every Saturday, they have a great farmers market downtown and we take the kids to the carousel and the dragon park to burn off some energy. We enjoyed having Teo and Lindsey here a couple of weekends ago to visit for a couple of days. We went and saw a great movie,"3:10 To Yuma," and went to the Mongolian Grill and pigged out. Matthew and Shanny enjoyed spending time with them and it was cute to watch Shanny follow Teo around and copy what he was doing. We were very glad to see and hear that Lindsey is doing a lot better. I will try to get better at keeping our blog updated and I got an email from Elizabeth saying that I needed to update our page. Well, we hope that everyone is well and enjoying life. Have a fabulous day and we love you all.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Glad to hear everyone's doing well. It's definitely getting colder here and winter is on it's way. I think Christmas will be here sooner than we think!

The McLendon Family

The McLendon Family

The Amazing Blumell Family

Stand For Something