m. The dogs even got doggy sized cones. I kept thinking the whole time what a great time David would have doing this in Rosemary. :-)
Well, I have another great story from the soap opera we know as... APPLEBEES. OK, so I go in on Friday night and they have my in a great section to serve, but I notice that I am not closing. Hmmm, I wonder why this is, so I go up to the server manager Medusa, oops I mean Miranda, and ask her why I wasn't closing, which I usually always do and she just stares at me and whispers sarcastically, "because you have been grumpy lately." What!!! I just laughed and said, "No seriously," and she just stared at me like I was a work of art. "She repeated that I had been grumpy lately and that I was being
punished. 

So I go and talk to the General Manager, who chews tobacco while we works, and I ask him if he knew about this. Well, I try to talk to him about it and try to express my side of the story and due to his horrible insecurities, he thinks that I am attacking him personally and we get into a little argument. So I end the discussion and go back to work. So the night goes by and I leave early and still make more money than any of the closers, so it was a nice feeling. Then Saturday night comes and I usually close then too, but wasn't scheduled to. Another server comes up to me and asks if I will close for her and I tell her that I am being punished and don't think I can. So she goes and asks the General Manager if I can close for her and he approves it. hahaha. Anyways, I guess I learned my lesson.
Well, Kris and the kids are doing great. Matty and Shanny are doing very well in school and their teachers are always sending home reports of their progress and growth. It is amazing to see some of the work that Matthew comes home with that he did in class. He writes better than I do. I am so proud of both of them and consider myself so fortunate and lucky to be their Dad. Heavenly Father must have a great amount of confidence in me to have chosen my to be the dad to such wonderful kids. I am also so fortunate to be surrounded by so many wonderful examples and support. I had a interview with a member of the Stake Presidency recently and he told me to continue to look up to the Brethren and other Priesthood examples. A couple of those examples to me are David and Reid. They have been a benefit in my life and am grateful for their friendships and examples of faith. Also something that I take great pride in is the amazing group of women that I have in my life. Starting with Kristen, who builds me up and helps me see love in life and who I am, My mom who taught me how to treat others, Mom (Merle) who is a tremendous support and helps me see my ability and potential in school and life, My sisters (who most of the time drive me crazy) but who I love and know of the great potential that lies within, Lisa, Lindsey, Liz, and Lauren who I love and consider to be my sisters and examples in love and friendship, Grandma Blumell, who has lived a rich and full life who has helped build a great family, and finally Shanny, who is the apple in my eye. I am a lucky man and am so grateful for the life that I have and the opportunities that have been opened up to me.
Well, everyone have a fabulous day and I look forward to seeing everyone soon. Love you all.
p.s.
Life Lessons
The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson. - Tom Bodett

1 comment:
Hey Phil, I'm glad someone finally had the courage to tell you what everybody is thinking. You should really try to be nicer to people. Would it kill you to throw out a compliment to someone once in a while?
Nice work on the poll this time I had to pick two of them because they were so good!
Post a Comment