Wednesday, December 5, 2007

"How long has it been since you have spoke in Church Brother McLendon?"

Hello again family, friends, and all those strangers who long to read this update on a regular basis. How has everyone been? I hope this finds you all doing fabulously and getting ready for Christmas. I am wanting so badly to start celebrating the Holidays, but I have a week and a half left in this semester and am going a bit insane. Finals shouldn't be that bad and I am going to celebrate when next week is over. Well, it would only seem right to add additional stress on me this week. I was at church on Sunday and the first councilor in the bishopric comes up to me and gives me that smile that means trouble. He asks me, " So Brother McLendon, how long has it been since you and your wife have spoken to us in Sacrament meeting?" I responded by saying, "Well not long enough." Unfortunately I was still shaking his hand when I said this because he tightened his grip on my hand and I could hear him think to himself, "Brother McLendon, how would you like your next calling to be bathroom detail?" So knowing that I need the extra blessings I gladly said sure before asking Kristen. Just then she came walking around the corner and the first councilor said, "See, she is already smiling about it." Needless to say we are speaking on the Restoration this Sunday. Wish us luck.
Things are going great for us here in Missoula. Matthew and Shanny always make my day sunny and warm and I am so grateful for their personalities and characters. It was David's Birthday on Monday, so Shanny called him and left him a message singing happy birthday to him. It was really cute. I am really looking forward to seeing everyone soon and spending Christmas with with you all again. We finally got a hold of my mom on the phone last night after they have been receiving horrible weather on the coast. She said that they were getting 125 mph winds and the city lost power for a few days. The place where my mom works at is a joke, because they made her work by using a candle and flashlight doing bookkeeping and book work. Over the Thanksgiving Holiday we were able to go and visit my mom in Oregon for a week. The night we got there it was raining and miserable, but the whole time we were there it was sunny and just beautiful. I ate way too much and got very little sleep, but I had a great time talking with my brothers and sisters and visiting with my mom. It was fun to see Matty and Shanny run around and play with their cousins who they haven't seen in awhile.

Here are some pictures from our trip.



Life is wonderful and my wife, my kids, and all of you are evidence that I am loved and am a very blessed man. Have a fabulous day and see you all soon.




2 comments:

Lisa said...

ouowlozuuuuxuxuxu b jnbnjkggkthbhb

Lisa said...

That was Oliver's contribution. He likes to type with both hands on the keyboard like we do. Anyway, good luck with finals and your talks. It looks like you had a good time with your family. It's always nice to catch up and we can't wait to see you all at Christmas.

The McLendon Family

The McLendon Family

The Amazing Blumell Family

Stand For Something