must get when he hears children pray. Matthew and Shanny both have sort of a set prayer, but they have learned it on their own and I know that it comes from their heart. Matthew says "Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for this day, thank you for Oliver, Claire the baby, Lisa, for Mommy, Daddy, Shanny, Tail (which is Teo), Grandma Welker, Grandpa's house (Which means Grandma and Grandpa), for Annie(the movie), for the care bears movie, for chicken fries, for kipper the dog. Please bless that I can a sleep and be a good boy, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."It is such a reward being a parent and it's an honor to know that Heavenly Father blessed us with such a great responsibility to raise his precious little ones for him and to teach them. Anyway, a little later after we said goodnight to the kids, Kristen called Lindsey and they talked on the phone for awhile (as sisters do so well) and I heard that Teo had gotten a
job. A thought occurred to me and chills ran down my body when I thought of what a great blessing this was for them and that maybe Matthew had a little bit of something to do with that by praying for Teo. I know that Matthew has a special place set aside for him in Heaven and he must have been very special to Heavenly Father to be blessed with the way he is and I think that Matthew's faith may have helped out a bit. He has been a great blessing to my life and has helped me so much in life to understand and appreciate the role of a father.That was just a thought that had been going through my mind, so I thought I'd share it with you. Thank you to all of you and how wonderful you are to Matthew and Shannon and the love that you have shown all of us. Have a great day.

2 comments:
Hey thx, that is a really good point and I haven't thought of it. God bless you, Matthew and Shanny! And thank you, I both love you so much!
Well I'll just pretend that bless teo means lindsey and teo..since grandpa's house means grandma and grandpa :)...jk they are adorable and we are both so grateful for the joy that the kids give us...and that they aren't our own.jk but when we do have kids I hope they are as pure and sweet as Matthew and Shannon, As cute as Claire, and as clever as Oliver. The perfect package! :)
Post a Comment