Monday, February 11, 2008



Hi there again everyone. I hope this finds all of you happy, healthy, and doing fabulously. Things are going good here in beautiful Missoula. The days are getting longer and spring is right around the corner. The semester and its work load is starting to pile up and I am doing well in my classes. I am a bit nervous about this summer, because I have to take my year of foreign language classes this summer and I hear that it is pretty tough. It is 10 weeks of classes every morning from 8-12 and I think I will be fasting a lot this summer. Matthew and Shanny are doing great in school and really love their teachers and friends. They are doing great and we are truly blessed to be here at this time in our lives.

It is crazy to think that Matthew will be turning 8 this year and we have been trying to decide when the best time to baptize him. It was funny yesterday when Kristen had a Relief Society meeting with the bishop and then afterwards she visited with him briefly about Matthew and what advice he had on the matter. He told Kristen that we should bring Matthew in so he can visit with him. haha. I thought that was funny. Kristen had to explain to the bishop that Matthew doesn't really "visit" and some of the difficulties that he has. It was an eye opener to him and he wasn't aware of those things. Kristen and I were talking last night and an idea that came up was to baptize Matthew when Shanny turns 8. We will just have to see, but it is an amazing thing to think about when you think about how Matthew has a place set apart for him in the Celestial Kingdom. He is such an example to me.

It is great to see your kids grow up and develop a relationship with one another. The other day Shanny and Matthew were playing in their room and Matthew got a bit too excited and got a little rough with her. Shanny came into our room crying and after we got her settled down we told her to go tell Matthew to be more careful. As she walked away she turned around she said, "I don't want Matthew to get in trouble, he's my best friend." How can you not love that? They are both the pride of my life and I am very lucky to be surrounded by such love and support.

Soon we will get the chance to visit with Lauren again and it will be great to see her. She is awesome and we are so proud of her and the example of service she sets. Well, I hope that everyone has a wonderful day and stays safe in their everyday ventures. Talk to you all later.

1 comment:

Lindsey Erin Blumell said...

Deja-vu with Shanny there! So cute! Phil you should have picked Croatian to learn....you could ace all of your tests! :) jk

The McLendon Family

The McLendon Family

The Amazing Blumell Family

Stand For Something