Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Season comes to an end

I thought I'd start off by asking a question. What do all these men have in common?








After studying the pictures carefully you would have noticed that all of these men are great coaches. Probably the greatest to ever coach the game of football. OK, they are.
Well, the end of a season and dynasty has come to an end with the mighty Washington Wildcats playing their last game of the season last night. I failed to update everyone on the result of last weeks game against CS Porter which took place at Philip McLendon field in Missoula. The kids played great and it was one of our closer games of the year with Washington winning 45-6. That put us at 3-0 going into our final game last night against the mighty Meadow Hill on the road. The kids were heroic, spectacular, and glorious in their efforts winning 27-6. That puts my coaching record at 4-0 and makes me eligible to be compared to some of the greatest coaches ever.

Coaching the kids was such a great opportunity and it was great getting to know each of them. They worked hard and came together as a team making their school, parents, and coach proud. Tonight we are having a pizza party at the school to celebrate and wrap the season up. Little Caesars Pizza will be providing the pizza and it will be fun to thank the kids for their support and good sportsmanship that they gave.









I would like to introduce the players of the greatest flag football team ever created.




Braxton - Quarter/CB/Punter









Brennan - Team Clown/Running Back/Wide Reciever










Jacob - Offensive & Defensive Lineman








Michael - Offensive & Defensive Lineman











Emma - Wide Reciever/Cornerback







Kolby - Offensive & Defensive Lineman/WR











Cain - Center/Defensive Lineman/Kicker









Luke - Quarterback/Wide Receiver/ Cornerback









Clayton - Defensive & Offensive Lineman









Peyton - Kicker/ Defensive & Offensive Lineman








Max - Defensive & Offensive Lineman/ Wide Reciever









Duncan - Wide Receiver/Defensive Lineman








2 comments:

Lisa said...

Congrats Phil!!!!! and a field named in your honor..... I wish someone would name something after me. Have fun eating pizza.

Reid Blumell said...

Wow Phil, I guess I am now officially the most humble guy in the family. I didn't think I would ever take that crown from you. Except now that I've boasted about my humility, the crown probably goes back to you. It was illuminating while it lasted.

Congratulations on your amazing season and on fielding the only Center/Defensive Lineman/Kicker in football history.

The McLendon Family

The McLendon Family

The Amazing Blumell Family

Stand For Something