Hi there everybody. I hope that you are all doing well and enjoying life. Sorry that it has been so long since I have updated the McLendon Family Blog. Last weekend Elizabeth came to visit us for the weekend and she brought someone along with her. She has been dating a new guy named David. They arrived late Friday night and stayed until Monday afternoon. It was great to spend some time with them and especially to get the chance to meet David. He is a really nice guy and he seems to make Liz very happy. They make a good couple and he likes golf, so what else could you ask for? The most impressive thing about them visiting was that he survived Shanny. She is so clingy and she fell for him right away. I got up Saturday morning from working late Friday night and she was curled up next to him on the couch watching playhouse disney. He was very patient and I appreciated how good he was with Matthew and Shanny. We went to the farmers market on Saturday and then went out for a nice lunch (thanks to Dad). We stayed up late Sunday night playing a couple of games and had a lot of laughs, thanks to Liz's special ability to draw. It is sort of hard to explain. And the only reason her and Kristen beat David and I at Cranium was from cheating. Liz, no actions during a humdinger! She grabbed Kristen's hand when Kristen was unable to guess, "I wanna hold your hand," by the Beatles.
Monday morning, David, Liz, and I went golfing and had a lot of fun. Later on in the afternoon we went to Beaverhill State Park where we had a BBQ picnic. After awhile David and Liz had to get going so we said our goodbyes.
I just want to quickly congratulate Lindsey on receiving an award for her documentary. I am looking forward to seeing her next documentary.
Something that was really funny that happened recently was when Kris, Shanny, Matthew, and I were walking around Costco and the kids were drooling over the Chocolate muffins that they can't have anymore. Kristen and I had to keep ourselves from busting out laughing hysterica

lly when a young man walked by us with his mom, when Shanny pointed at him and yelled, "Mommy look at his hair, what's wrong with his hair." This young man had a spiked Mohawk. I'm not sure if he heard her, but it was classic.
The following are pictures from Liz and David's visit.



















1 comment:
Thanks Phil!! I read the blog quite a bit ago but I thought I would just drop a note to let you how much fun we had!! Thanks for everything!!
Post a Comment