Monday, July 14, 2008

Hello everyone!!!







Hello there everybody, I hope that you have all been doing well and having fun this summer. I have a little bit of time before I need to go to class, but I thought that I would take a minute and update the blog. I'm sorry that it has
been so long since I last put in a new entry.

Well, the McLendon Family's summer has been fun so far and going well. Matthew has been going to summer school and taking swimming lessons and Shanny has been taking swimming lessons as well and just completed a Rookie sports camp week at the YMCA. She had a blast and did really well. Matthew went bowling last week, which was a different experience. The bowling alley manager threatened to kick Matthew out, because he kept walking down the lanes to the pins. Oh well, at least he was somewhat interested. Kristen has been busy running the kids to all of their activities and
being a mom. She is awesome an I appreciate all that she does. I have been busy with summer school and although I have not enjoyed going to class from 1130am to 300pm everyday for 10 weeks, I am glad that it is almost over and that I am able to get my year of foreign language done in such a short time rather than take 8 months of it.
A couple of weeks ago for the 4th of July weekend we packed up a picnic and went to Salmon Lake to have a BBQ and swim in the lake. It was a beautiful da
y and the kids had a blast swimming and jumping off the dock.










Last Wednesday was Kristen's 33rd birthday, so we got a babysitter for the kids and went out to dinner at a really nice restaurant at a place called Shadows Keep. We had to take out a loan to eat there, but w
e had a great time. Kristen had prime rib, while I enjoyed the King Crab. I now appreciate the show "The Deadliest Catch" so much more.




After we were done with dinner we went out onto the deck of the place to overlook the sun setting over Missoula. We then looked over and noticed that the hill right behind our place was on fire. We wondered if it was a controlled burn, but were amazed at all of the smoke that was in the air. We drove home amazed at the traffic and how many people had come to look at the scene. I guess what happened was that a couple of 7 year old boys had been playing with matches on the base of the hill. Thankfully no houses were harmed and nobody was hurt. They estimated the cost to be about $500,000 and the kids are in youth court and the families have been kicked out of student housing. Crazy huh?










Well, I hope that everyone has a fabulous day. I hope that we are able to see you all soon and spend some time together. Take care and we love you all. :-)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Kristen! Sounds like your summer is going good! The kids are so cute and Shannon looks adorable at the sports camp! Good luck with the rest of your semester Phil. Hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

wow!! I don't know who's more on fire, Shanny at her sports camp or that hill...crazy!!! I miss and love you guys!!

The McLendon Family

The McLendon Family

The Amazing Blumell Family

Stand For Something